How can you feel more empowered as a leader or manager? You can learn to lead more assertively!
Assertiveness is about looking after both the ‘me’ and the ‘you’ and getting the right balance of meeting your own needs as well as your team’s needs.
Assertiveness is not defined by aggression; it inspires confidence and high performance, maintaining good working relationships with the confidence to being ok to say ‘no.’
Being assertive enables you to stand up for your own opinions, as well as protecting the rights of your team in a calm and positive way.
It encourages an improved working environment as individuals feel confident about being open and honest about their views, wishes and feelings, with both parties acting appropriately.
On this hands-on half-day workshop, we’ll build on your leadership strengths to build assertiveness and the right language to do so. You’ll explore situations where you can focus on challenges facing others, so you can learn to respond with emotional intelligence and create an environment based on communication and cooperation.
What you’ll take away
- Understand how assertiveness differs from aggressive behaviour.
- Improved communication and confidence with other people.
- Create a climate of increased trust within your team.
- The importance of non-verbal communication in conveying messages.
- Be able to say ‘no’ assertively to unreasonable demands and be ok with it!
- Say no – guilt free!
To further improve your clarity of communication, we recommend you also attend our morning workshop focusing on mindfulness in business.
You will learn about mindfulness and its practical application in the workplace and at home.
What is Assertiveness?
- Fight or Flight – the difference between aggressive and assertive.
- Understanding how you are communicating and the reason why.
- Understanding confidence and assertiveness are learnt behaviours.
- How to handle aggressive behaviour in the workplace.
- Effective communication and the importance of body language.
- Saying ‘no’ with confidence and practice in a safe environment.
- Review action plan and guidelines to develop their assertive behaviours.
Who should attend this course
This course is suitable for business owners, managers, supervisors and team leaders across all sectors who want to achieve and contribute more by improving their clarity and confidence.
Check out what other people have had to say about our courses and workshops here.
Latest course dates
Join us for our Assertiveness Course for increased confidence and workplace communication on:
- Friday 22nd September 2017, A Lunch is Included
- 9:30am – 13:00pm, Lunch to be served at 12:30pm
- The Ruby Lounge, Diana’s Health and Fitness, 109E Finedon Road, Wellingborough, NN84AL
- £199+ VAT
The Power2Progress promise
If you want to become a leader who inspires confidence and commitment, this workshop will enable you to adopt an assertive attitude. We promise you will learn strategies to boost your confidence, to give honest feedback and to use good judgement to make decisions.
Result: Increased Confidence and Workplace Communication!